buy zithromax online usa Buy kamagra oral jelly Blogs for Bands » Gigs Calendar – more bugs squished

Gigs Calendar – more bugs squished

I just released version 0.1.3.  This fixes some critical bugs (at least one of which I introduced in 0.1.2 because I didn’t test it enough).  Nick (I would link to you here, but I don’t have a URL) has been very helpful in tracking down many of the bugs I’ve already fixed, especially the gzip bug.  Thanks for all of your patience with me.

• Chris says:

It looks like the plugin doesn’t take into account if you have your blog in a directory outside of the root.

Warning: require_once(wp-config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\www\apache\htdocs\angeldown.co.uk\wp-content\plugins\gigs-calendar\ajaxSetup.php on line 3

To get it to work, Ive changed line 3 to:

require_once('../../../wp-config.php');

Although I’m not sure if this would work as a permanent fix, I havent had a chance to test it.

• taylor c. says:

Thanks for this plugin, it fills a huge need and does it well. But, I would like to change one thing about it, I would add a field for “Artist” and list that in the title. I book shows different artists and venues in Salt Lake City, so listing by city isnt very useful.
    This seems like something easy to implement, but I’m not a programmer so it’s beyond me. It would make this a killer project!

@Chris,

The problem was actually a difference between the Windows and Linux path symbol, forward vs back slashes. Your fix might actually be the best solution, since it will work for 99% of users.

@taylor c.

I’ve already responded in email, but wanted to respond publicly so that people know what to expect. Version 0.2 of this plugin will have a lot more customization than 0.1. Some of the changes might make it work well for booking agencies and venues (though the bands are my primary target).

• Peter says:

I’m trying to get the plug-in to work. it causes some problems with displaying posts at the main index. It lowers the number of posts to be displayed.
    Each gig in the future knocks off a post until none display “Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.”
    That causes the problem that you can’t have more gigs than the maximum number of posts per page.
    Too bad, this is so cool otherwise, I love the link to the google map.
    I tried to fix it for a couple of days. I’m really bummed but I’ll keep an eye on this.

@Peter

I’ve confirmed that’s happening for me too. I’ll see if I can fix that.