buy zithromax online usa Buy kamagra oral jelly Blogs for Bands » Gigs Calendar 0.3.1.1 – One more update

Gigs Calendar 0.3.1.1 – One more update

One more before I go, but this is it, I promise!  Thanks to Rene for helping me find these bugs.  Ticket links weren’t working in the gigs lists at all and some of the fields weren’t working in the gigs lists if you were using PHP4.  Both of these issues should be resolved now.

• Will says:

First off I want to say that I love this plugin and your discography plugin. I’ve been looking for something like these forever.

What I wanted to comment on is that after I upgraded to this latest release of Gig Calendar my sidebar widget doesn’t display the message that is supposed to show up if there are no upcoming gigs. The message appears on the Gigs page but not the sidebar, it’s just blank. Any idea why it’s not working now?

Thanks…

Will

Probably because I broke it ;) . I’ll look into it as soon as I can.

• Jox says:

The plug-in is really great. I use and love it. the new version is really complete and touch the perfection.
    Just something:
    - The function to display gig in the sidebar. Possibility to add the function in the PHP code.
    - Archive of gigs by years or month.

• Will says:

Thanks Dan! I appreciate it…

• Michaux Hood says:

hi, are multiple-day gigs possible (such as a week long gig at a summer camp?). Wondering… sorry to ask in a comment but I’ve been searching and have not found this info.

@Jox,

“The function to display gig in the sidebar. Possibility to add the function in the PHP code.”

That PHP code exists, basically, with the templating system. Maybe I’ll put together a sidebar widget to show how to do it. It might be after I get back from

“Archive of gigs by years or month.”
    Do you mean separate pages by year or month? That might be handled by an update to the custom location of the list tables.

@Michaux,

No, that is not possible right now. It’s not a feature that very many musicians would find too useful. I am considering it as a future feature.

• Chris Leary says:

Fantastic plugin, Dan — thanks very much for developing this.

I too noticed Will’s observation once updating, about the blank sidebar, but I’ll keep an eye out for an update.

@Chris,

I know why that is happening. I just have to find time to fix it. I’m going to a Coulton show here in London tomorrow night, so that’s got to take priority ;) .

• Gus says:

Fantastic Plugin!
    I was waiting for something exactly like that (and it is translated in french !!)
    In my case, I will try to adapt it for sport events (judo competitions)

Some features i would need to have an then i will probably try to develop
    - Display the events into a calendar Widget.
    The Javascript Event Calendar Widget is pretty cool. I’ll maybe try to convert the widget for the plugin.
    - to transform the age selection (single choice) into a list of choices

Just other addition ideas
    - to have also a calendar inside the events page.
    - Show a mini map for the location (but there is already a link so..)

@Gus,

“Display the events into a calendar Widget”
    Could you provide an example of what you’re looking for, exactly?

“to transform the age selection (single choice) into a list of choices”
    In the new version, you can add as many choices as you like.

“to have also a calendar inside the events page”
    What sort of calendar are you thinking?

“Show a mini map for the location”
    Embedded maps is on my list. I haven’t decided when I’m going to get around to it, though.

• Gus says:

“Display the events into a calendar Widget”
    -> If i add the classic wordpress calendar widget in the sidebar, it shows me the (30-31) days of the month and the one with posts are colored. I would like to see my gigs in this calendar and click on the days to go to the event page.
    (it’s not so important because you’ve already made a “upcoming gigs” widget”)

“to have also a calendar inside the events page”
    What sort of calendar are you thinking?
    -> I was thinking on the same simple month calendar but finally it’s useless if the calendar is already in the sidebar (depends on the theme)
    an exemple of the js event calendar widget
    http://wpcal.firetree.net/ (in the sidebar)

“to transform the age selection (single choice) into a list of choices”
    In the new version, you can add as many choices as you like.
    -> thanks , now it works perfectly

• Gus says:

Sorry,
    in fact the calendar widget works but it shows only the past events. (not the upcoming gigs)

• Kristof says:

Hey there,

been trying your pluging and encountered the following problems.

- Cannot add venue. Because I can’t add a venue, I can’t add a gig ;)
    - When plugin is activated, wordpress goes blank and does not display anything when accessing the blog. Version is 2.2.1

• Rene says:

Hey Dan. Quick question for you. Is there a way to separate the tours onto different pages? I know you’re probably having a blast in Europe, so I’ve been trying to keep an eye out for some documentation on the new features you’ve added. In the settings of the gig calendar where you choose the page you want your calendar to display on, there is a choice for “Custom” but I am not really sure how to use it.

I hope you’re having a good time! Later!

Ok. I’ll put together some more official documentation later, but here’s how you do the custom stuff.

All you have to do to insert a custom table somewhere is to put a little tag in your post or page.

Here are some examples:

[gig-cal limit=5] – This will show the next five gigs

[gig-cal archive] – Generates the archive table

[gig-cal tour=1] – Shows the upcoming gigs in the tour with an ID of 1 (check your Tour page to find the IDs).

There are some more options, but I have to get ready to go to the National Gallery in a little while, so I won’t bother to look them up. ;)

• William says:

Is there a way to display both archived and current gigs on the same page? I tried that tag listed above but it doesn’t work for me – I have an older version of the gig plugin – could this be why? Will I lose all my current gigs if I upgrade?

• Rene says:

Welcome Back Dan! Thanks for the quick examples. That makes a lot of sense! I’ll let you know how it turns out. Have a good one!

@William,

You cannot display both the archives and the current gigs on the same page prior to 0.3. You’ll need to upgrade. I should hope that you don’t lose any of your gigs by upgrading, but I don’t offer any warranty on that ;) . Backups are always good!

• Grant says:

Hi. Just wanted you to know that I discovered there is a semi-colon missing in the table.sql file that prevented me from importing it correctly. it’s at the end of the gigs_tour table section.

Love the plug in. Got it set up tonight and all populated!

Thanks!

@Grant,

Blast! Thanks for the info. I’ll fix that in SVN.

• illumnat says:

Hi Dan! Thanks for the great work on this plugin!

I’m setting up Gig Calendar for the first time ever and I’m getting a weird glitch. The first show listed is appearing twice… once in the first slot where it should be and then again at the end of the list. The next date to get added does not have this glitch.

Here’s the direct link:

• Bernard says:

is there a way to add the gig upcoming events? i’m currently customizing a page and would like to put an upcoming gig in one column.

• Hi Dan,
    Thanks for the great plug in. I would like to know if you could specialize it for me a bit. I would like to place gigs for different bands and that I could use this calendar in our common website and on the different artists website so we should filter the concerts in different ways. Would this be possible and what would be the costst?
    Greetings
    Tony

• Kimberly says:

Hi Dan,

Thank you so very much for the gigs calendar. It’s almost perfect for a local arts school web site I’m working on.

They really love the calendar, but I’m wondering if there is a way to get it to sort by time properly? Please see: http://www.silverrayn.com/da/arts/performance-calendar/

Notice that there are three test events entered. The dates sort perfectly, and most of the times do as well. However, notice this glitch which I am unable to resolve.

The listing, sorted by date, then event time look like:

06/10/08 8:00pm Running in Circles DA Recital Hall
    06/13/08 11:30am Test item 2 DA Theatre
    06/13/08 7:30pm TEst Item 3 DA Theatre
    06/13/08 9:00am Test item 1 DA Theatre

Notice how the last entry, the 9am event, doesn’t sort itself in front of the 11:30am event. It almost looks like it is sorting by text instead of numbers in the time field.

Any recommendations on how to fix this? I’m game for suggestions.

Thank you again for your time and effort on this plug-in. You are appreciated!

-Kimberly