buy zithromax online usa Buy kamagra oral jelly Blogs for Bands » Gigs Calendar 0.3.3

Gigs Calendar 0.3.3

Version 0.3.3 is another quick bug fix release. Below are the bugs that I’ve fixed.

• In WordPress 2.2.x, categories were not showing up in the dropdown box in the settings page.
  • Also in WordPress 2.2.x, this version was completely messed up because I used some functions that weren’t included until WP 2.3.  That’s what I get for not testing thoroughly.

• Eric says:

Great plugin. Simply incredible!

Is there any way to pull data from the Gigs-Calendar plugin (list of upcoming gigs) and have them displayed on another .php page, housed on the same server?

Thanks so much. If this can be done, it would be very helpful.

Kudos on your work!

• AvataraPL says:

I greet how to alter the strukture of addresses (rewite) I have link at present:

I would want:

When: Date (160408)
    Where: Venue –> Name

Example:

@AvataraPL:

Right now, the only way to change the order of listed items is to change what is in your post’s title in the gigs calendar settings page. You could easily go in and change the post’s “slug”, but you would have to do that manually for every post. Perhaps I’ll have an easier way to let you change it automatically in the future.

• Simon says:

Hi

I’m wondering if you’ve had anyone report issues with WP2.5 ?

I’m testing on a local installation, and there are a couple of issues I’ve hit upon;

1 When adding a venue, I get no confirmation page that the venue has added. (I skipped to add a gig and found the venue had been added 6 or 7 times – me clicking expecting something to happen)

2 I can’t seem to add a gig. Nothing happens when I click add gig. I thought I was experiencing the same problem as in 1, but on the front end, no gigs are added to my gigs page.

On a seperate point, do you build WP sites for bands commercially? I’m in the UK and sing it’s praises whereever I can, but *most* people tend not to have the time or inclination to invest in the learning. There are exceptions of course.

@Simon:

I’ve been developing and testing on WP 2.5 and I haven’t seen any issues like those. My first guess would be that you’re either using a browser like IE7 or Opera that is not fully compatible or that you have another plugin that is loading Javascript in places it shouldn’t that is breaking Gigs Calendar. If you’re using Firefox or Safari, you could send me login credentials to your blog so that I could see if there are any Javascript errors.

Also, I do build WP sites for bands. I don’t do graphic design (you wouldn’t want me to), but I can implement designs and features easily.

• Simon says:

It’s not on a live site as yet, but I’ve tested with IE6, IE7, Firefox and Opera, all with the same results.

I’ve had a quick look with firebug, and this is where it falls down;

gigs.ajax.php

json.gig has no properties
    (no name)(Object success=false)edit.php (line 45)
    success(Object success=false, “success”)jquery.form.js (line 235)
    success()jquery.js (line 28)
    ready(10)

Any help ?

• Don says:

Hi,
    I just downloaded the plug in and sent it to the plug in folder but when I log into the admin area for the blog and go to the plug in section I do not see the gigs calendar plug in available. Do I have to do something more. What could be the problem?
    Don

@Simon: Firebug should let you see the result of the AJAX request in the console, check to see if there’s some kind of error there. If you want me to take a look at it, could you send me a login for your blog?

@Don: Check to make sure that your structure looks something like this:

/wp-content/plugins/gigs-calendar/gigs-calendar.php.

If you have an extra folder in there, it won’t get picked up by WordPress

• Don says:

I think I found the problem: I downloaded the zip folder, extracted it, but uploaded the whole folder to the web: the actual gigs-calendar folder was inside the other folder. I uploaded the proper folder and now it is showing on my administration panel and I am ready to begin.
    Don

• Don says:

Thanks Dan, I got it working. It was a problem of the wrong folder showing. It is fine and many thanks for such a useful plug in. (for the next plug in I have a request: for this kind of site we need a plug in which would allow blog readers to fill out a form and send us events that they want listed. Right now I can use your plug in and request them to send the stuff by email.)

• Simon says:

Hi Dan

I listed above the error that firebug console is reporting;

json.gig has no properties
    (no name)(Object success=false)edit.php (line 45)
    success(Object success=false, “success”)jquery.form.js (line 235)
    success()jquery.js (line 28)
    ready(10)

I don’t have this installed on an accessible domain at the moment, I’m testing locally, so can’t give you login details. I could look at installing on a live site and seeing if the problem is replicated.

@Simon: I’ve replied via email.

• Simon says:

POST gigs.ajax.php

Response tab
    {success:false}

The above is what appears on the left. On the right there is a link to jquery.js (line 28)

Any clearer ?

• Jay says:

I’ve added the plugin but the tables did not generate. Hopefully an easy fix, but not much in the way of instructions. Using WP 2.5.

@Jay: You should be able to run the tables.sql file that’s included with the plugin. Be sure that you read the directions at the top.

• Jay says:

Well, not sure I got the instructions or if I did it as intended.

I logged into phpmysqladmin and ran the instructions in tables.sql (cut and paste).

It worked and the calendar is working great. Thanks, this is quite useful for more than gigs (gasp!). Unless Girl Scout outings count as gigs, but somehow I don’t think that was you intention ;)

• Jurn says:

Hi, great plugins ;)

However i’m having the same problem as simon, no confirmation after adding a gig.

I also have another question, if i add a gig it is added to my blogs list (category Gig) however if i search by poster i can’t find them. How can i ‘add’ them to the author of the gig?

@Jurn: What browser are you using? If you’re using Internet Explorer, that’s probably your problem. If not, it must be something else.

• Jurn says:

@Dan: I hate IE ;) so i’m using Firefox.

• pandaking says:

Loving this plugin.

Feature request:
    Sychronise with a google calendar / provide support for FeedBurners Event Manger.

I recently got a feedburner account, and they have something called “Event Manager”.
    It would be great to get an rss feed of my upcoming gigs, and the event manager sorts them into the correct date order etc.

Info:

These are good ideas. Version 0.4 will come with an RSS feed of future events

• pandaking says:

Can’t wait! ^^

• Jurn says:

Is it possible to add the gigs to the search area, because if i search for a particular event he can’t find it.

I removed the filters, but that gave me an explosion of blogs at my blog page :S

@Jurn: I’m not sure what the feasibility of that would be. I’ll check into it.

• Rick says:

Hi,

Could you add an artists table so we could track multiple artists with one calendar? I would like to be able to select the artist or display all. If this is already possible, please forgive the extra post and point me in the right direction to accomplish this.

thanks