buy zithromax online usa Buy kamagra oral jelly Blogs for Bands » Gigs Calendar 0.4.1 – Bug Fixes

Gigs Calendar 0.4.1 – Bug Fixes

I’ve just put up a bug fix release for Gigs Calendar.  The most important fix is that your settings page should function normally now.  Hurrah!  Also, if you set it so that users other than your editors could access the gigs calendar, that should be working as expected now.

If your gig is not created for whatever reason (except browser compatibility) it should pop up with a little error message with a few more details.  Please don’t hesitate sending me that information if it looks like it’d be helpful in explaining your problem.

I’ve got a list of bugs for future bug fixes, but those will have to wait for the next version.  I wanted to get the settings page fix out as soon as possible.

• Chet says:

Awesome plugin. On my site, whenever I view a gig’s page…like this:

The date and time do not have a space in between them. Is that something I can fix? If so, how?

• Rian says:

Ah! Due to your advice to just overwrite it I finally figured it out.

I have a prepped installation package of WP and usually I rename the plugins to include their version number in the folder name.. that way I know what version its at in my installation package.

There-in was the issue, my foldername was gigs-calendar-0.4.1, it looks for gigs-calendar.

It works like a wonder now, thanks!

@Chet: If you edit your theme’s styles.css file and add this rule, it should fix your problem:

.gig .date { float: none; }

• Chet says:

@Dan: Thanks so much!

• rich says:

hi! amazing plugin thanks so much..

just a quick question… i have plugins running on my site that add in a footer to each post.. now, when i add a gig – the details appear BELOW the footer… so it looks a little odd.

is there anyway to fix this?

• Andrew says:

Hi Dan,

I have an odd issue. I recently upgraded my database to MySQL5 and now the gigs no longer appear on the front page of my site. I can create and modify gigs, I can still access them via the navigation, and the upcoming gigs sidebar widget works fine. The only thing I can think of is that there was something related to the upgrade that the plugin is not happy with.

If you have any ideas, I’d appreciate any suggestions or help you could provide.

• Mark says:

Hi Dan,

i encountered a problem with your great plugin.

You can find the bug and a fix for it at your wp-plugin page.

• Jorge Cornejo says:

I am having a problem with registered users. For some strange reason they have access to the calendar management. They can delete events and venues that they did not create. I have set the restrictions to Administrator only but registered users, editors, authors, contributors all have access to the management and can delte events and venues.

How can I make it so ONLY the administrators can add change, and delete events and venues??

• Andreas says:

This Plugin is a hit! Thanks so much. I have spent some hours now on trying to display the tour notes on the gigs post – and before I give up – maybe you could give me a hint. That would be perfect. Thanks again.

• Max Supera says:

Hey Dan!

I just have one quick question:
    how can i make the day abbreviation (mon-sun)
    show up in the widget?

thanks again for an awesome plugin!

• Lauryn says:

hi Dan!! Many thanks for your plugin, it’s great! Only one question: I need to edit .mo files to change some strings. Why don’t you add .po files to edit? I need Italian version, please!! :D

• Andy says:

Hi Dan. Excellent plug-in, Many Thanks. One query tho’. I would like the order of posts reversed on the gig-post page so that first show is displayed first. As it stands, unless I’ve missed something along the way, the last gig is displayed at the top. Is this possible please?

Thanks again, Andy.

• sam says:

Hi, is there a way to link to the actual “post” version of the gig from the Calendar listing? maybe make the venue name or city name the link.

Also, none of the javascript stuff is working on the “settings” tab. ie, all the order headings drags, and delete or add an age group.
    Using firefox 3, fresh install of WP

thanks for sweet plugin!

• colo says:

where can i see a live demo?

• Irene Duma says:

Luving it. But it’s breaking out of the table. I am using the latest Revolution theme.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

• Marx says:

Hi Dan,

I really would like to thank you for this awesome plugin you wrote.

I want to use it for promoting different kinds of events – as mentioned by poster #1.

I’ve done some recoding of you plugin to serve the requirements. Here the most important ones to me:
    1) Misusing tours to describe different promoters.
    2) Wrote a Today-widget, revising Next- and Upcoming-widget. Though I have to admit that I cannot remove it right now ;-)

If you consider to extend Gigs-calendar for promoter’s needs, I’ll be happy to hear that!

Also, I propose that the administration pages get some kind of sorting and filtering the number of results. If a search box can be applied – perfect! (If there is a need to keep an archive, or if one has so many future events in the pipeline).

But again, I still love this plugin! It works great already and I haven’t found anything comparable!

• Kathy says:

I just downloaded this for testing–wow! This is TERRIFIC!!!

I noticed on your Paul and Storm site, there is a little “upcoming gigs” teaser…

Do you have that available as well?

• Kathy says:

Never mind–I found it. Wow, this is SLICK!!!

I have created several band sites in Joomla and used “gigCalendar”. Unfortunately the developers have moved on to other projects.

It looks like I’m going to have to give serious consideration to changing to WordPress for band website development. Thank you for developing an excellent tool!

• Irene Duma says:

The support team at helped out with the gigs page, but we are all stumped with these pages.

The indiv page

the gig archives page.

Helloooo…any chance you can help?

• Irene says:

Dan, having a problem with the gigs calendar plugin – need to get it fixed asap. The band is halfway and through their tour and it isn’t working on the individual pages.

I’ll gladly pay you. I don’t want to have to swap out for a different plugin.

The info is breaking out of the table on indiv post

• Jara Queeto says:

I upgraded to a server with PHP5 and now get this error when I try to activate the plugin:

My ERROR [8] Undefined index: page
    Fatal error on line 729 in file /hsphere/local/home/arajara/, PHP 5.2.6 (Linux)

• krabbe says:

this is a realy cool plugin.

How about localizing to different languages?
    I would like to help, but my javascripting and all that is quit bad.

And I would like to change the map-links, so that they refer to the map already loaded in that post. Any idea how I can do that?

Thanks for your great work!

• krabbe says:

I’m so sorry about my last post. All work is already done…

• sam says:

hi, this is a good plugin, but the separation of GIGS and VENUES is a bit confusing for the users of the site i am setting up. If you were to have either of the two things it would be much more useable.

A venue import module, where you can import venue data via CSV file

or the option to just add the venue details in the ADD NEW GIG section. then the venue details are automatically added from there

i hope these make sense, and might make it into the next release.

• Klaus says:

Hi – great Plugin – to start with.
    IE compatibility is pretty important. While not so much for the people making the site, but for those using it. And that is the overwhelming majority – still having IE 6 or 7 as default browser.
    While style stuff can be dealt with – my main problem is the edit function, that does not work in IE6 or 7.
    Error message:
    Could not get the display property. Invalid Argument.
    That is a pretty important issue and it would be great if you could check it out!

Cheers, Klaus

• Tom says:

When I click on the date it should take me to details of the gig, but it just links to the same calendar page. I tried submitting a bug report.