buy zithromax online usa Buy kamagra oral jelly
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dancoult/sites/blogsforbands.com/index.php:6) in /home/dancoult/sites/blogsforbands.com/wp-content/plugins/bad-behavior/bad-behavior/screener.inc.php on line 9
Blogs for Bands » Gigs Calendar 0.4.6

Gigs Calendar 0.4.6

Ok, so in 0.4.5 I added in a security “feature” that would block people without proper security levels from seeing the admin pages.  This was a temporary kludgy fix that is probably going to go away sooner rather than later.

The only problem was that it made the plugin a little too secure and blocked all users from using their new installs.  This wasn’t a problem related to a specific version of WordPress, only fresh installs of Gigs Calendar 0.4.5.  This new version should fix the problem for you and let you gig away happily.

• Barry says:

Hrm. It must be a slightly different bug. Can you give me a login to your blog? I’d like to see if I can figure anything out from the back end.

You can send it to me via the contact form on this site.

Oops, forgot that I never put one up on this blog. Use this one instead: http://co.deme.me/contact

• Steve says:

I’ve just spent 3 hours trying to get the Gigs Calendar working – same problem as many ohters are having.. a blank screen! So, I installed the previous version, which worked.. to a point. I can access the settings ok, but just can’t find how to enter any gigs into the calendar. I’ve selected the page for it but nothing appears.

What browser are you using? Could you send me a login to your site? I might be able to spot a conflict. dan@dancoulter.com

• gavin says:

I also have this problem i have 0.4.6 and just updated to 2.8 and now when i click gigs calendar in admin i get a blank page.

• Hello,

I really like your Gigs Calendar Tool. Thank you! It makes publishing my future gigs as a DJ’ so much more easy!

I’ve got two questions (or feature requests):

- Will it be possible to add Images to Gigs Calender ever?! (This would be so valuable, as for every musician/event , there is normally a flyer)
    - Will it be possible in the future to build in another external Link for Facebook? (So just as for the Buy Ticket, Show on Facebook; I publish all my Gigs also to Facebook therefore it would be great to combine this two options)

• Brad says:

On the single gigs page the phone number/email doesnt show for the venue, any idea how i can add this?

many thanks.

Brad

• Gavin says:

Is there going to be a fix for this?

“I just installed 0.4.6. I’m logged in as Admin but I just get a blank screen when I click on Gigs Calander in admin panel.”

Yes, there will be a fix for it. I thought that I had it, but apparently not. I just bought a house and have been in the process of moving for the last week, so getting moved in and settled has to take priority for me for another day or two.

• Torbjörn Hjalmarsson says:

A very beautiful plug, thanks a lot. Is there any plans on making it possible for translations? It would be so nice!

• Mike says:

Hi Dan – great calendar and so far I have no problems – not that I would expect them!!
    Just wondering – how can I, is it even possible, to share a calendar with another blog??

Bye for now

Mike

• Peter says:

I have the same problem as Barry and Gavin on one of my sites ?? One however is working fine ? really frustrating..

Do you have a fix for this yet ?

• Mike says:

My requirement was solved by my son!! He showed me how to get the gig database put into the second site with php my-admin etc!!
    This is an excellent gig diary: http://www.mojo-trio.co.uk/blog/?page_id=36

Many thanks!!
    Mike

• jeff says:

Enhancement request:

I use another widget called Subscribe2. It sends out a weekly email to all who have subscribed. Is there any way to add functionality so I can add code to a plugin like this that will also post the upcoming gigs?

• adam says:

I have the same problem as Mike and Gavin. Is there going to be a fix/ new release for this? The blank page is holding me up.

I just switched from drupal top wordpress to build my band website mainly because of the good reviews for this plugin.

Thanks

• David says:

Dan,

I have just updated my Gigs Calendar installation from v3.3 to v4.6 and have the same “blank admin screen” issue as others appear – although the calendar still displays correctly on the site itself. It has been two months since your last comment on this – is there a fix coming? If not, is it as simple as deactivating the plugin, deleting the folder and re-uploading the v3.3 files to revert to the earlier version?

Cheers,
    David

If you have the blank screen in version 0.4.6, open up gigs-calendar.php and comment out line 89. Note: If you are not on the latest version of WordPress, this might make the plugin less secure.

• David says:

Dan,

That’s works fine, thank you.

David

• Peter says:

Comment out ?? line 89 ?

I am confused. Works perfectly on one blogg and NOT on the other. Same version, same computer ? different web adress.
    /Peter

• Having the blank admin screen issue.
    The WP edit screen doesn’t show line numbers, and if I copy/paste it into my text editor, the only thing in line 89 is “exit;”
    is that the line I should comment out, or what does the line look like?

Thanks,
    Tom
    gospelmusicroundup@yahoo.com

• Peter says:

Thanks, Works fine!

• Chris Bailey says:

Love the gig calendar, but I have a client who would like the “Next Gig” heading on the front page to read “Next Show” or “Upcoming Shows” and list shows for the next 7 days, is there a way to do either of these quickly?

I assume you’re talking about the widget. You can change that header simply by changing the widget title from the widget menu. As for limiting it by shows in the next week, you can only limit it by number of gigs (i.e. the next 5 gigs or the next 10 gigs)

• Dev-Boy says:

Hi,
    is there any possibility to put the “upcoming Gigs”. Display anywhere on the page eg. a function i can use in my theme?

I want to display the upcoming gigs permanently but not in the sidebar (i dont use widgets anyway)

Im quite expierenced in php, so help what code to change would also help.

Thx

• Dev-Boy says:

Thx 4 your reply but i didnt mean the widget display. I meant this nice table which is shown on the page you choose in the gigs calendar options.

• Robbie says:

Hello Dan,

I’m really really pleased to use your perfectly working plugin!

People like you make it more easy for musicians and others.

So I’ve just donated some, because you deserve it man!

• David says:

Dan,

Quick question if you don’t mind. My installation of WordPress is currently showing me that v0.4.7 is available for update, but there is nothing about that version here on your site.

Is this a necessary or recommended update? In particular, I don’t want to update and find that I am back to the blank admin screen and having to poke around in the PHP files again.

Cheers,
    David

Version 0.4.7 should work just fine. It’s a minor bug fix, but you can always save the copy you currently have and restore it if it breaks. Nothing in the database changed that would make it not work.

• Johnny says:

Hi i am trying this plugin out and its great but I have one problem Ive seen that you can limit the widget to show the upcoming gigs but how do I do this? it only shows 1 upcoming gig.

• Chris Bailey says:

Hi Dan,

I recently changed web host and installed the latest version of WordPress (2.9.2) and uploded Gig Calendar. However, when I go to the Gigs Calendar area on my admin page I get the

* Settings
    * Feedback/Bugs
    * Credits
    line then nothing, I can see the load bar run at the beginning, but that’s as far as it gets :-(

Cheers,
    Chris

• Bob says:

Hi Dan,

By chance, is there a non-WP version of your gig calendar? I love the software and would like to use it on a web site that is not a blog/WP site.

No. The plugin is tied in pretty closely with WordPress, so it wouldn’t be a an entirely trivial matter to make a standalone version of it.

• Chris Bailey says:

Hi Dan,

I fixed it bu downgrading to 0.4.6 and then upgraded through the WordPress interface, who knows?

Cheers,
    Chris

Huh that’s weird. Somehow I didn’t see this comment come in through my email, so you can disregard the reply I sent to you a few minutes ago.

• Orxata says:

Hi Dan,
    I was asking myself if you were planning to upgrade Gigs Calendar to WP 3.0, or if you know if 0.4.7 runs ok on it. We use it in our band homepage and we love it!

Thanks so much for your work!

In my testing, it works fine with WordPress 3.0.

I do plan to upgrade it to use the new functionality found in WordPress 3.0 that should make it run much faster and with fewer problems.

• Steve says:

I’m running the WordPress 3, WordPress-Mu and BuddyPress combo, and I’ve noticed that Gigs Calendar does work, but that it won’t reload the little entry window once you click “Add Gig.” It looks like it’s not doing anything, but if you refresh the page the entry will be there. I realize this is a somewhat idiosyncratic problem, but I’m also hoping there’s a relatively simple fix for it. Any chance you know what’s going on?

• Bryan says:

Hi, it seems that with the upgraded version of WordPress, new gigs are entered but when you add them the page does not change or refresh to let you know it went through, as it did before. This is resulting in some gigs not being saved, and others creating multiple copies if you click submit more than once. Any idea what’s up?

My plugin had a slight (and easy to miss) compatibility problem with the new version of jQuery that came with WordPress 3.0. I’ve just released a fix for that. It should show up in your dashboard soon.

• Bryan says:

Awesome! Thanks so much, Dan! Couldn’t run my site without your plugin.

• James says:

Hi Dan,
    Thanks for the great plugin! I’ve put it on a site I’m building and it works fine, except for when I add a gig, I don’t get any confirmation that the gig has been added.

I’m using wordpress 3.0, I know you’ve just released an update that would probably fix this, however I can’t update as I’ve changed a few things and am worried that the update will overwrite this.

I was wondering if you know a quick fix that might solve this problem? I’m confident coding so could go in and tweak a couple of lines if that’s what’s needed…

Any help would be appreciated!