buy zithromax online usa Buy kamagra oral jelly
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dancoult/sites/blogsforbands.com/index.php:6) in /home/dancoult/sites/blogsforbands.com/wp-content/plugins/bad-behavior/bad-behavior/screener.inc.php on line 9
Blogs for Bands » WordPress 3.0 and Gigs Calendar

WordPress 3.0 and Gigs Calendar

My plugin had a slight (and easy to miss) compatibility problem with the new version of jQuery that came with WordPress 3.0.

I’ve just released a fix in version 0.4.8 for that.  It should show up in your dashboard soon.

Update: I left some debug code in that will cause problems for some people.  I’ve released an update that has all of that removed.

• Andrea says:

I’ve updated right now Gigs Calendar and as happened a while ago, I can’t use anymore the plugin (can’t set new events and anything else), but the gigs set are still shown.

I tried to replace the plugin folder with the one of the weekly backup, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

• Steve says:

It works again! You’re the best.

• Andrea says:

Unfortunately it doesn’t work despite the update. I will describe this problem anyway, just to let you know:

it happened even in previous versions: when you click “events” or “archive” or anything else you want to set… it loads nothing.

That’s bad news for me, whatever I want to say: keep up the very good work!

• Fili says:

Why not include the .po files for i18n?

• Fili says:

Great thanks!

• Fili says:

I asked because the event-label “Who” doesn’t translate. I’m not sure why not, I figured it was missing in the .mo file. But it seems that thats not the case (meaning it is in the .po/.mo file, however still not translating). Any idea?

Regards,
    Fili

• James says:

Thanks for the help Dan, worked perfectly!

• Ben Davis says:

Same problem as Andrea.

Updated to the latest version of Gig Calendar and the admin pages don’t load.

Please help!!!!

• Ben Davis says:

The wordpress admin pages load fine, it’s just the Gig Calendar admin pages don’t load.

I’m on WordPress 3 and the latest Gig Calendar.

Could you have a look inside if I gave you the login details?

Thanks

• Marco says:

Hi, I also have problems with Gigs Calendar 0.4.9 and WordPress 3.0
    It doesn’t show up anything and i can’t change settings or whatever…
    Can you help me?

Thanks!

• Ben Davis says:

Dan, sent you an email direct with my wp login details as the contact form didn’t want to work for me at http://co.deme.me/contact/

Many thanks
    Ben

• Zelda says:

Hi Dan, I thought your plug-in was the answer to my prayers but unfortunately I’m having the same issue as a few others…
    - when I set the gig calendar options and [save] it reverts back to default
    - calendar does not show on my assigned page
    - I do not see anywhere to create gigs/events

I have the latest version of WordPress 3.0 and gig plug is 0.4.9

Thanks for your time,

Zelda

• mat says:

Hi, thank you for your work. I like to try Gigs, but after the activation the option page in admin-panel doesn’t appear correctly. On that page I can see the title “Gigs Calendar”, 3 different links (on the italian version are “Impostazioni” “Considerazioni/Bugs” and “Riconoscimenti”) and nothing else.

If I try to click on any link, an ” moment…” loading bar appears for just a moment, but nothing changes and the page still remain blank.

My WP version is 3.0, and I’m running on a Linux Server with PHP 5 installed. Is there something I can do? :-)

thx.

• mat says:

forgotten details:
      I’m using the 0.4.9 version of Gigs and the problem (similar to Zelda’s one, I think) is the same on Chrome, Firefox and Safari (on MacOs X).

Could you send me a login to dan@ this domain?

• chris says:

hi,
    one question, when i include the link to rss feed and open it in a browser, there are no gigs in the feed. any ideas how come?

• Wes says:

Hi Dan!

First of all, thanks for making this great plugin and keeping it up to date!

I do have an issue which I’m having a hard time figuring out, although it’s probably quite easy to solve.
    I’m making a wordpress-theme for a friend of mine, and we’d like a small block in the index-page to show the list of upcoming gigs.
    I have set up the plugin so that it puts the gigs in a ‘Gigs’ page, and I have tried to include the ‘Gigs’ page in the index.php (with a normal php include statement).

However, when I set the ‘normal blog filtering’ setting to ‘No’ (meaning it doesn’t show up as regular blog posts), I can’t seem to be able to retrieve the gigs through the normal wordpress Loop.
    Once I turn the filtering off, it does work, but all the gigs show up as regular posts (also in the admin section, which messes things up a lot).

Is there something I’m overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

Wes

No, you’re not overlooking anything. That behavior is because of the way that I had to display those posts before the new functionality of WordPress 3.0. Unfortunately, to use the new functionality is going to involve a pretty large overhaul, so I haven’t gotten around to properly fixing it yet.

By the way, are you just trying to show a list of gigs on your home page, like on the gigs page, or are you trying to show the individual posts?

• Wes says:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I’m trying to just show a list of the gigs, linking to individual posts might be something for the future.
      But for now the main thing is to just show a list on the frontpage of the gigs, where and when they’ll be.

Basically, you can look at the PHP code that generates the Upcoming Gigs widget. You might want to create a new template (link about that below), but that’s how you’d do it.

• Wes says:

Yeah, I’ve been trying that aswell as trying the gigs-list.php code in the basic template. No luck so far sadly.

It seems the $gigs variable remains empty and I haven’t quite found out how to access its data.
      Thanks for the help though, I’ll keep fighting with it a bit ;)

• Dan Gillogly says:

You are spectacular! thank you for this fix on a phenom plug in. We’ve been using this for many moons now. We are in the process of redesigning our site and this is the one plug that is staying active.

• Ben Davis says:

Really need to get this working on 3.0!……

Could you try temporarily disabling your other plugins? If Gigs Calendar suddenly starts working, re-enable them one or two at a time to see if one of them breaks it.

• Ben Davis says:

Legend!

It was an apache password protect plugin not allowing gig calendar through.

Many thanks Dan, you’re a gent

• Wes says:

I’m sorry for bothering you again, but I can’t get my list to show up.
    Somehow I can’t access the $gigs variable, it’s still “NULL” when I try to echo it even from somewhere in the main page.

However, I know the gigs calendar works, because if I set it up as ‘normal blog posts’, they do show up in the Loop.

Could you give a short example of how to access the gigs data?

• Mike says:

Hi,
    any word on this being fixed? Pretty sure most people are using 3.0 by now and this doesn’t work at all. thanx.

• Jeff says:

Hey Dan:

Thanks again for the plugin. Been using it the last couple years.

2 questions for you:

1. Any thought on adding an import/export data option? I can use that because I have 2-3 schedules on different websites I can sync better if I have the export / import option.

2. Add a photo to the gig – Then I can have different photos show up next to the event.

Thanks again!